It’ll only be a couple more months before T starts solids. Probably sometime in September. Apparently, there’s a whole list of items you “must have” for starting solids. Thankfully, we received a lot of wonderful items for this new stage of life, so I think we are prepared-ish.
This is completely new territory for me… so I’m going to ask for a little audience participation. I need your opinions on my list of items. This is what we have so far… Tell me what I’m missing, what I’ll love, and what I’ll hate!
1. Food Processor. Just a small one. I am planning to make most of T’s baby food (making your own costs less than half the price of buying jars!) Obviously, I’ll only be able to make small batches at a time in this processor. I’m not sure if I’ll regret that or not… But this processor got the best reviews in our budget.
2. Spoons. We have this 6-pack. I can’t imagine needing more than that until he’s a toddler? Maybe I’m wrong…
3. Bowls with Lids. We have this 6-pack of bowls, too, which I figure will be convenient since they have lids. We also have a couple of cutesy plates/bowls as well.
4. Mesh Feeder. This just looked like fun & I couldn’t resist. So I got it! I froze some breast milk in it the other day and gave it to him as a treat. He really liked the “boobsicle,” once he figured out it was his milk in there.
5. High Chair. I wasn’t sure how much space we would have for an actual high chair, so we got this small one that straps onto a chair. We weren’t sure if we would still be in our apartment or a house when we registered. So far, I like it… of course, we have only used it for playing since T isn’t actually eating anything yet.
6. Big Bibs. We have two similar to this one.
Is there anything I’m missing? Fill in my list for me, please! 🙂